Monday, March 27, 2006

Grand Coulee Dam

My dad has mentioned a few times that one of the places he'd like to visit while up here is Grand Coulee Dam. I decided to ride there yesterday, and here is the photo album.

I have to say, it wasn't that big of a deal. I guess I was expecting a larger dam; don't know why though. The ride was OK, but kind of cold (as are all rides this time of year). I got rained on pretty good in Sprague, WA. The roads were good, but had no breathtaking scenery.

I did have fun trying different settings on my new Canon S2 IS. I've been reading digital photagraphy tutorials and the manual that came with the camera to learn about proper exposure using different aperture and shutter speeds. The panoramic shot at the end of the photo album was really fun to create, and I think the software did a very good job of stitching the four shots together. I also used continuous shooting mode to get several shots of a marmot. I'm very happy with the camera.

No comments: