Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jan 2009 update

After waiting all summer to get new tires, I decided I did not want or need two bikes. I put both the shadow and the ninja up for sale, and the shadow is the one someone was willing to pay for. I think it went to a good home, but I wish that the ninja would have been the one to go.

Shortly after that, I finally got new tires on the ninja. Just before winter, the coolant sprung a leak. It's been in my garage since because I just have not wanted to work on it. I'm disappointed that it has had as many problems as it has in its short life span. I won't buy another ex500, and maybe not another kawasaki.

My other major hobby is music. In the last year, I joined a classic rock band. The band went through some major changes, including a full-on mutiny! It tries my patience at times, but I stick with it because I appreciate the chances to play and use the skills I learned as a music major. The other members are good people.

I also bought a hammond XK3-c (have always loved the hammond) and started a jazz organ combo. That has been very fun and educational. It is my first experience leading a group, and I often don't know what to do. I think everyone is enjoying it though.

It has been a long and snowy winter. My sleep schedule is really messed up - I am very tired all afternoon and early evening, but at bedtime I am wide awake. In the morning I have a difficult time getting up. I want to get up at 6 to practice piano, but lately it is all I can do to get up at 7:30 and rush off to work. Maybe now that I have written it down I will have more ambition in the morning and be able to get up.

I've been missing my family lately. They all live in the same area 9 hours away from us. I think it would be nice to be able to join them for get-togethers like birthdays or just for an occasional boardgame. At the same time, I don't want to leave the comfort of my stable job, familiar mortgage, etc.

No comments: